This page is for coaches and team managers and provides information on how to register for tournaments.
In general, please follow the instructions for tournament registration from the tournament website.
You will most likely need to submit:
- team roster
- team logo used for dressing room signs or tournament programme.
Upon arrival at the tournament, you probably need to provide:
- official team roster - obtain this from your convenor.
- travel permit - see below.
Some tournaments require additional paperwork, for example:
- Gamesheets from previous games (Bell Capital Cup requirement).
- copies of birth certificates.
Any tournament you register for must be sanctioned by a Hockey Canada approved Association. For example, all tournaments held in the ODMHA geographic boundaries, MUST be sanctioned by the Ottawa District Minor Association (ODMHA).
Note that if your team enters a tournament that is NOT officially sanctioned, the implications are:
- the coaching staff and players are subject to suspensions.
- players and team officials are not insured under Hockey Canada's insurance policy.
Entering Tournaments with Body Contact
Some house league tournaments are body contact. Regardless of what the parents decide, please check with your house league Association to see if you are permitted to register for house league tournaments with body contact.
Travel Permits - Tournaments in Canada
If your association is part of the ODMHA and you are registering for a tournament inside the ODMHA, then you do not need a travel permit unless your Association or District wishes for one.
If your Association is part of the ODMHA and you are registering for a tournament OUTSIDE the ODMHA, then you do NEED a travel permit.
If you need a travel permit follow these steps:
- download the Team Travel Permit form. Click HERE to go to the FORMs page.
- Fill out three copies (one for you, one for your association and one for your district).
- Give all 3 copies to your association president for signatures.
NOTE - do NOT leave this till the last minute. These forms require signatures from multiple people. It could take a couple of days / week to get all the forms signed off.
Travel Permits - Tournaments in the U.S.A.
Follow the instructions above regarding Travel Permits for Canadian tournaments, BUT also include the USA Team Travel Permit form available HERE .